The wedding festivities started at 4pm on Wednesday March 17 with our rehearsal at the chapel! All of our wedding party showed up, along with Glenn (who married us) the photographer, and wedding coordinator! We ran through how everything was going to go down and then all went to Olive Garden for dinner.
Todd's family joined us at Olive Garden, and his brother, Josh arrived from Colorado. I am really glad they all came. It was a really good time. Lots of good food, smiles, and many of the important people in our lives to celebrate with.
After dinner, Todd went to a hotel with his groomsmen to have his bachelor party. I went back to my parents house with them, Alex, and Connor of course. Shea came over as well and we had a napkin folding party! Whoo Hoo! HAHA We did some last minute stuff.. then around 11 decided we needed McDonalds. Alex, Shea, and I went and we had some good times in the car! Kinda reminded me of old days...
All 3 of us slept in my brothers bed that night (I dunno about them-- but I slept good!) Then woke up the next morning and started to get ready!
Stacey and Carli came over and we all hung out and drank wine while getting ready! Then around 2pm on March 18-- the limo arrived. I was still walking around in my bra and underwear, but was ready in a few! On the way to the chapel we took lots of video and pictures! It was just my bridesmaids & my parents. Shea's parents came to pick up Connor (they were such a huge help!) Of course on my way there I had to sing.. "We're going to the chapel.. and we're gonnnnnnna get marrrried."
Once there we werent allowed to get out of the limo until all the guests arrived. That was kind of annoying. A lot of people were peeking in to say Hi and see us.
Todd said people kept coming up to him and told him how good I look at it kept making him more nervous.
Finally, it was time to start. Lindsay- our wedding coordinator was awesome. We could not have done it without her. I heard the music start and everyone started to walk in, and I just watched from the back as I stood outside with my dad.
Connor did awesome in his wagon. Baby Joey was suppose to be in it as well-- but had trouble sitting up in it. It's all good though. :) Then once Connor made it down-- it was my turn to walk in.
The music started and my dad and I heard everyone stand up. My dad and I started to walk in. I saw some people tearing up and crying on the sides so I refused to make eye contact with them. I looked up at Todd and smiled lol
The ceremony went good. All the traditional stuff. Connor wanted to be up there with us so I had to make a few faces. When it came time to put Todd's ring on it wouldn't fit. So I spit on his hand and pushed the sucker on.
After we were announced, "Mr & Mrs Todd Michaelis" we left the chapel and everyone blew bubbles at us. It made some cute pictures. Then it was time to take about 100 pictures in the gardens at the chapel. Mark the photographer-- was AMAZING. He knew what he was doing and got some great shots. The guests all headed to the Chart House in Daytona for a great cocktail hour.. I was kinda jealous honestly. haha
http://markdickinsonphotography.com/ <-- Look at his amazing work! :) After pictures, we got back on the limo--this time with the whole bridal party and popped the bubbly bubbly and off to the chart house we went. When we got there we got announced by the DJ and walked into the reception. We did the traditional events such as our first dance (to Love of a Lifetime by Lifehouse, the father daughter dance (Butterfly kisses), and mother son dance (What a Wonderful World). There was such a relaxed and loving mood at the reception. Everyone was talking, dancing, eating, drinking and having a great time. Towards the end it rained for about 15 minutes-- but it was such a romantic perfect 'good luck rain.' It didn't stop anybody from dancing or having a good time. And since we had an open bar-- the dancing started to get a bit craZy! haha All my months of figuring out what colors I wanted-- how the tables would look-- the menus-- all the details came together so amazing and perfect. I am in love with them! :)
After the reception was over Todd and I went back to the hotel that his family was staying at. We hung out in his brothers room with his cousin Teal as well. It was fun-- then all the events from that day caught up to us and it was time to hit the sheets (if you know what I mean.)
The next morning I wanted to get back to my moms because I missed my little Connor! I wanted to spend the whole day with him because I was very busy all week and needed some good quality time together!
My dad and I took him out on the boat and he got to see dolphins and drive the boat! He did such a good job :)
What a happpy week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment